EL TESORO™ AÑEJO TEQUILA
We slowly age our Añejo tequila in American oak ex-bourbon barrels for two to three years. This aging process imparts a stronger influence of oak but still allows the spirit to maintain the complexion of agave.
Floral jasmine and oaky character with agave back notes
Sweet agave balanced with pepper, oak and floral tones
Light green notes with a vanilla finish
Double Gold Medal – International Spirits Challenge 2020
95 Points - Beverage Testing Institute Awards 2020.
This tequila would be perfect with some pancakes because it has nice acidity of red fruits as well as nice vanilla and maple elements.
2oz El Tesoro™ Añejo
0.25oz cinnamon syrup*
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 large cinnamon sticks broken into pieces.
- Add all ingredients into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally until sugar is dissolved.
- Let cool.
- Strain cinnamon sticks and store refrigerated in air tight container.
3 dashes orange bitters
Garnish: orange peel
- Combine all ingredients into mixing glass with ice.
- Stir until well chilled.
- Strain into rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Express orange peel oils over drink.
- Drop in garnish.